Diner Diaries

Life and Times of a Patron of the King's Chef diner

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Running in after my allergy shot I only had time for a brief meal, which worked for me since I was in the mood for Gary’s fries. It’s been months since I’ve really eaten fries. Yumm! I don’t know what spices he uses, but they are good.

As I was entering a tall, leggy beautiful blonde was walking out the door. Beautiful face. Gary says she asked Mark the reporter out but he turned her down.

We think Mark may be gay. :-)

Gary was seated in front of the counter today as he has a new girl—yes I said a GIRL—behind the counter. Short denim skirt, clunky black mary janes, sweater and a bunch of silver jewelry. Seems friendly enough, but a tiny bit overwhelmed. We’ll see.

There’s a new guy on clean-up duty, he hasn’t been there long enough for a nickname.

Well Gary has seen “Diner Diaries” and got a kick out of them. Hmmm. I haven’t even shown my mother. Good thing I didn’t meet him when I was seventeen, I would have been in trouble! (Okay, so he would have been nine and I would have been in jail, you know what I meant.)

I’m impressed by people who have what it takes to start and run their own businesses. I wonder if I have it. I think I do, but I hate to rock the boat with my husband, and having been homeless three times, financial security is much more important to me than it used to be. I would hate to lose it all again.

I have another buddy who sells the most amazing baked chocolate popcorn (www.kettlebake.com), and is just starting out. The stuff is amazing, and to keep himself afloat while he does this, he sells wonderful homemade muffins, cookies and cheesecakes door-to-door. I buy from him every week, though it’s a bit of a stretch to fit it into my diet. He’s going to be the next Orville Redenbacher or Famous Amos. I’m telling you. Keep an eye out for Kenneth Harrell. He’s going places.

Well, back to the rest of my day. Diner’s closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home